Benefits of Goat Milk Soap for you Skin - soap, lotion, moisturizer
Milk has been used for centuries to care for skin. It is said that Cleopatra bathed in milk and of course it is also said that she was quite beautiful. It must have been the milk!
We have used our goat milk soap since 2000, when I started making it. At first I never really thought about why it was so wonderful on my skin, or why I had no dry irritated spots, I just knew that I liked it and my skin is soft and clean.
Over the years, people have asked many questions about the soaps so I have learned a lot by researching for the answer if I did not know. One question I get a lot is “what are the benefits goat milk soap.”
The difference is of course, the goat milk! Well, that’s the short answer. There are a number of reasons which I will list here and cover in detail separately.
- Rich, creamy milk makes for a richer, creamier soap which is more hydrating and soothing.
- Naturally contains vitamins and minerals which our skin needs to stay healthy.
- PH is close to our skin which allows our skin to rebalance faster.
- Our bar soap contains no water
- Small number of ingredients
- No chemicals needed
- Naturally occurring alpha hydroxy acid
- Goat milk is a natural anti-inflammatory
To conclude, goat milk soap, lotions and moisturizers are healing, hydrating, soothing and nourishing.