This is Why We Use Coconut Oil in our Products
Coconut oil is misunderstood a lot. Many think that the suntan oil that smells like coconut is coconut oil. There may be some in it. I have not looked at the ingredients, but mostly, it is a sales technique. Natural coconut oil has NO smell. If it does then it is likely that it is not pure. A fragrance oil has been added, not even an essential oil!
Coconut oil is extracted from the meat of the coconut palm. In many cultures it is highly prized for its medicinal uses. We use coconut oil in most of my products. It has many attributes that are beneficial to natural skin care.
The oil itself is solid at room temperature but liquefies quickly as the temperature warms. Mine is a liquid most of the summer since we do not have air-conditioning! It is very light in texture so it absorbs quickly into the skin while at the same time moisturizing and nourishing. It
I use pure coconut oil in my soaps to give them a light creamy texture as well as a gentle cleansing boost. Our moisturizers and lotions contain coconut oil as well, obviously for the moisturizing properties!
Some of the benefits for your skin include:
- Will not clog pores, thus letting your skin breath and function properly.
- Helps reduce acne because the fatty acids act as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
- Strengthens skin which will help it me more resistant to “health issues”.
- Oily skin can benefit from light moisturizing also. It can be hard to keep oily skin healthy because of the harsh cleansers that are sold for it. A light moisturizing at night can help a lot.
- Provides natural protection from the sun.
Coconut oil combined with essential oils is a win, win product! (Of course do not forget the amazing benefits of the goat milk also!) Refer to my blog on which essential oil is best for you to see which of my products will help you the best.