WHY I USE PALM OIL
PALM OIL IS ONE OF THE MAIN INGREDIENTS IN MY SOAPS – SO WHY AND WHAT IS IT? I AM GLAD YOU ASKED!
This oil comes mostly from the African Palm. It is extracted from the pulp and kernel of the fruit. The color is orange - red because it is rich in beta-carotene but becomes white when boiled.
Benefits in soap making include:
- High in Vitamin A and E
- Helps fight free radicals thus reducing signs of aging
- Moisturizing and nourishing
- Can stop negative effects of sun damage
- Helps heal acne
- Keeps skin soft and supple
- In soap making it helps give the soap a long life and rich lather
Once again, with goat milk as another main ingredient my soaps are nourishing, healing and hydrating!
**There is much controversy on the subject of palm oil. While I completely agree that producers can be destructive to the environment and disrupt things terribly, others can be very responsible and not destroy the environment. The Palm oil that I use comes from a source that is a member of RSPO (Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil).